Why, you are asking yourself, is this blog post entitled “The Captain Tightpants Year in Revew?”
Well, I checked out my blog stats (which I rarely do) and discovered something interesting. Apparently, my readers want more Captain Tightpants. And a little Jake Weber now and then wouldn’t hurt either. In fact, I should probably think about building an entire blog around my great love of Captain Tightpants, as you will see, if you read on. One of the neat stats WordPress offers its bloggers is a list of search terms people use in order to get to your site. Without further ado, here are mine.
LYNN’S TOP SEARCH TERMS FOR 2012:
5. Jake Weber (So maybe devote the blog to Nathan and Jake from now on???)
6. Fear of Drowning in a Car (See? I knew I wasn’t the only one worrying about this.)
8. CAPTAIN TIGHTPANTS HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Now this is getting ridiculous. Either I need to mention Nathan Fillion a lot less, or he needs to start paying me his publicist’s fee, for crying out loud.)
9. Fear of Ferris Wheels (Yeah, I knew I wasn’t the only one worrying about that too.)
10. NATHAN FILLION GIRLFRIEND (Oh, for Heaven’s sake.)
Look, there’s clearly no need for me to say anything else. Now that I know where my readers are coming from, I know exactly how to target my blog. Happy New Year, Friends:
- Nathan Fillion gets back in the Captain’s Chair (io9.com)
- Watch This: Tonight’s Castle: Fillion, Frakes, and Fan In-Jokes (wired.com)
- THE ENDURING APPEAL OF FIREFLY. Firefly” aired for only one season 10 years ago, but Nathan Fil… (pjmedia.com)
- Box-O-Zombies: the Game (lockergnome.com) – A little something for fans of the Zombie Dog. Also because it’s cool.